Sunday, July 4, 2010

Seattle-Paris-Nairobi


Just a short update to let you know that after flying 20 hours through about a dozen time zones, over several continents, a couple of oceans, we made it safe and sound to Nairobi. And we are thrilled to be here!

Michael and Misu delivered us (and our hundreds and hundreds of pounds of medical supplies and luggage) to Mwix and Gideon's home in Nairobi. Mwix greeted us at 10 p.m. with a full, and delicious, Kenyan meal. And believe me, after 20 hours of airplane 'food,' we ate with gusto.

Awoke this a.m. to a beautiful, cool, Nairobi morning.

I cannot tell you what a joy it is to smell that Kenyan air. There is nowhere on earth that holds the scent of Kenya.
Today we are to visit schools and a hospital in 3 slum areas of Nairobi--Kibera, Mathare and Kawangware. I'm sure I will have much more to write this evening. More posts later.

Love to all!
Photo: Mwix, on her Nairobi rooftop, a.m. July 5.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to following your adventures. Glad you arrived safely. Hope you got to see the Ghana game before you left. I'm team Netherlands now, FYI.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete